APAI Scholarship Program
The APAI Scholarship Program exists to financially assist students enrolled at Indiana colleges and universities majoring in civil engineering, construction management or construction technology and who have an interest in a career in the heavy/highway or asphalt construction industry.
The APAI Scholarship Committee will:
- Organize all fundraising events;
- Determine the number and amounts of individual scholarships to award based upon funds available;
- Interview student candidates and select scholarship recipients.
Recipients of APAI Scholarships must meet the following requirements:
- Be a US citizen (special consideration given to Indiana residents);
- Be a full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or construction technology at one of the following APAI Scholarship Program partner universities:
- Indiana State University
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis
- Purdue University
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Trine University
- University of Evansville
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in the heavy/highway construction industry (special consideration given to students with interest specifically in asphalt paving and relevant work/internship experience with a contractor, government agency or consulting engineering firm).
- Scholarship application shall include the following items:
- APAI Scholarship Application
- College transcript
- Letter of interest (one page) that provides a summary of work experiences, description of future career plans and qualifications of why the applicant should be selected to receive an APAI scholarship
- Letter of recommendation from college instructor or asphalt industry professional where the applicant has interned or had industry related experience
For further information on the APAI Scholarship Program, contact APAI Member Services Manager Jaymie Hunckler at 317-443-2961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current scholarship recipients can be viewed here.