APAI Scholarship Program
The APAI Scholarship Program exists to financially assist students enrolled at Indiana colleges and universities majoring in civil engineering, construction management, construction management technology or construction engineering and management, and who have an interest in a career in the heavy/highway or asphalt construction industry.
Recipients of APAI Scholarships must meet the following requirements:
• Be a US citizen (special consideration given to Indiana residents);
• Be a student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or construction
engineering management technology at one of the following APAI Scholarship Program partner universities:
o Indiana State University
o Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis
o Purdue University
o Purdue University Northwest
o Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
o Trine University
o University of Evansville
• Have an interest in pursuing a career in the heavy/highway construction industry (special consideration given to students with interest specifically in asphalt paving and relevant work/internship experience with a contractor, government agency or consulting engineering firm).
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION AND AWARD
• Scholarship application shall include the following items:
o APAI Scholarship Application
o College transcript
o Letter of interest (one page) that provides a summary of work experiences, description of future career plans and qualifications of why the applicant should be selected to receive an APAI scholarship
o Letter of recommendation from college instructor or asphalt industry professional where the applicant has interned or had industry related experience
• Completed application packages shall be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word or PDF format to:
Jaymie Hunckler, APAI Director of Member Services firstname.lastname@example.org
• Selected candidates will participate in a 30-minute in-person interview with members of the APAI Scholarship Committee.
• Preference will be given to full-time students studying on-campus.
• Scholarship recipients should plan to attend the December annual APAI Winter Conference for scholarship awards ceremony and banquet (no cost to attend) at the Muncie Horizon Convention Center on Thursday, December 14th, 2023.
For further information on the APAI Scholarship Program, contact APAI Director of Member ServicesJaymie Hunckler at 317-443-2961 or email@example.com
2022 scholarship recipients can be viewed here.